Monday 29 April 2013

Help on James Project



I rigged a rope bridge for James's team to help them out, I did it in the first 3 days of the easter holidays. After I rigged the mime character I found the bridge pretty easy but it was very tedious doing each plank but the reply from james suggests its very useful

The way I did it was putting one joint in the middle of the plank and parent constraining it to the bottom of the rope and each side and the bottom guide rope on each side so they world move together then putting a joint at the top of the rope on either side and parent constraining it to the top guide rope on either side and basically repeated the process for each plank except for the end parts of the ropes. I had to put a joint in the middle of the posts so the rope didnt move away from the post.

The reaction I got from sultan was embarassing because I didnt use a tutorial to rig it, I just used trial and error and what I had learnt in lesson, he said he felt abit jealous after he'd seen it animated.

Im going to take that as a good sign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment